- Designer: Bruno Faidutti
- Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
- Players: 2 - 8
- Play Time: 45 - 75
- Ages: 10 and older
Am I a thief? A warlord? An assassin? Players secretly choose various roles to play for one round as they build their sections of the city and try to earn the most victory points. Each round, every player choose a new role, making for a challenging game of guessing.
Overall Rating: 8.5Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
11 Citadels Reviews Add Review
- Awesome quick game! Great for parties with people who don't necessarily play board games.
- It's a great gateway game to get people into the board game world. It doesn't take too long to play and it's a blast. I love the way the different roles change the feel of the game from turn to turn.
- I enjoy this game! It's a nice quick game that can be learned quickly, but can require some more skill/guesswork if you want to think about it. Included expansion gives it good replay value.
- A true classic of the genre, this game regularly hits the table. Great gateway game, medium filler, with great interaction coming from the anonymous role selection mechanic.
- My favorite 2 player game. Absolutely brilliant with 2 or 3 players, but the luck factor and the downtime between turns quickly gets out of hand with more than that.
- If it wasn't for The Resistance, I'd say it was the best game per cubic inch around, as it is, it'll have to settle for a second. Great mind game.
- I played this game a lot for some period, we were really into it. Alas that was many years ago, but I'd love to get back into it.
- Great group game. Friendly and accessible to casual gamers. The way the roles shift around is fun.
- Real fun game that can be played with non-boardgamers as well as gamers. Plenty of strategy in trying to figure out who is what character in a round.
- I really like this game. It has a lot of strategy if you really want to play competitively, but the simple game mechanics make it very easy to learn for new players and non-gamers alike
- Fast setup, quick play, and easy to get a game up and running and finished without a lot of fuss. Simultaneously, enough depth and strategy to keep everyone engaged.
Similar Games View More
- 7 Wonders
- Kingdom Builder
- Dominion: Intrigue