Play the 2012 Spiel des Jahres winner! Earn the most gold by building your kingdom up to win. With multiple different terrain tiles and Kingdom Cards, no two games are the same.
Overall Rating: 8.1Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
7 Kingdom Builder Reviews Add Review
- A simple and elegant game with a light theme and a good deal of randomness. A surprising amount of strategy to play with. Tons of replayability, especially because of the changing scoring conditions
- Deceptively simple rules, yet scope remains for a player to develop deeper strategy. The multiple boards/characters add a huge layer of replayability, and it's light enough to be gateway. Excellent!
- Kingdom Builder has Spiel des Jahres all over it from the start. It has the perfect balance of simple room and depth of strategy. There's tons of replay value with many board and Kingdom Cards.
- Picked this up at Gencon and am loving the visual nature of the strategy. Fun game that's pretty quick to learn. Strategy changes each time because of the different combinations of rules.
- I'm not a fan of abstract games, but the presentation here really makes the game a lot of fun. Also, there is more strategy than people give it credit for. Simple rules & quick playtime also a plus.
- This game is deeper than it seems at first blush, and the modular board keeps each game fresh. Varying objectives keeps you on your toes and make sure no two games play exactly the same.
- Seemingly simple. And seemingly luck based. But new strategies to be learned and applied the more I play.
Similar Games View More
- Dominion: Intrigue
- Star Trek Fleet Captains