Played like a miniatures wargame, but without the miniatures! This card game pits player against player in a struggle to defeat the opposing player's Summoner while protecting their own.
Overall Rating: 9.3Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
4 Summoner Wars: Master Set Reviews Add Review
- Essentially Chess with teams, Summoner Wars comes with 6 unique armies. Absorbing game mechanic coupled with well balanced design and nice artwork make this a great game.
- A tactical battle game with cards! 16 different factions, each with a different theme/feel, are used in head-to-head battles. Yes, there are dice and card draws, but luck won't decide the victor.
- Simple rules and setup. Asymmetric but balanced armies. Light deck building, if you like, but I have not needed that feature. This has become one of my top games!
- Very simple game, easy to teach. Loads of strategy here though, a veteran player will wipe the floor with you. You will want to play this one again immediately after finishing a game.
Similar Games View More
- Rune Age
- Pocket Battles: Orcs vs. Elves