In this complex card game, players build their galactic civilizations by spending cards from their hand. Wise hand management and a love for strategy make this game a good find.
Overall Rating: 7.8Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
8 Race for the Galaxy Reviews Add Review
- This game is hard! I love it, but I rarely win and am still learning to play it. Perhaps the hardest part is trying to visualize since it is a card game. Still, a great game.
- This great game is hard to learn for many people but is casual after. Strategy is required but I'm rating the game luck based because the game heavily depends on the starting planet. Expansions abound
- A role selection/tableau builder in the mold of San Juan, but with lots more depth. Theme fits really well and games play fast - a meaty game for those of you who want to take it up a notch.
- This game is very hard to teach to others, and for that I very rarely get to play. When I am able to, though, I enjoy the mechanics and the deep thought that goes into each move.
- It's not just that luck plays a big part, it's just much more of a tactical game than a strategic one. It's too complex for casual play but not deep enough for hardcore play. It's an uneasy middle.
- Great depth and strategy. Really fun to build your "engine" to achieve victory points. One of my most played games, there are so many cards it holds up to many plays.
- An intergalactic San Juan (both are tableau-builders), with a role selection mechanic much like Puerto Rico. This game's depth sets it apart, though. Different starting conditions add to replay value.
- Steep learning curve, but the actual gameplay is easy to teach. So many symbols! Great game once you get the hang of it, good with 2 players.
Similar Games View More
- San Juan
- 7 Wonders