In the height of the Roarin' Twenties, a mysterious and alien force seeks to conquer our world. As the investigators, only you and your friends stand between them and the end of mankind.
Overall Rating: 7.1Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
12 Arkham Horror Reviews Add Review
- Although I have only played this game solo, it is truly awesome. Lots of luck involved from dice throws to cards turned over. But enjoyable as a adventure.
- Great game. It is a cooperative game. The group plays against an enemy that is controlled by cards. Lots of dice are rolled. There still is a lot of strategy as well. The rules take a while to learn.
- Beautiful game with rich theme, but is too long with too much fiddly bookkeeping and not enough fiero or challenge to make it worth it. The expansions add challenge, but it shouldn't take $100+.
- A game with great theme. However, can get very long sometimes. Overall, still very fun, especially if everyone gets into the theme of the game.
- Worst game I have ever played, IMHO. Long downtime between different players' turn, extremely luck-based, and boring after a couple of games. I game I absolutely do not recommend.
- A great co-op with a great theme, Arkham Horror pits investigators against Ancient Ones and their sinister plot against humankind. Dice-rolling, item-collecting, character-tweaking fun!
- The first play through is rough, as you try traverse through the monster rulebook. But everything sinks in on subsequent plays. A good group of friends is a must. One of my favorites.
- I think this is a great game for many people. However, it doesn't work for me. It's too long and too cumbersome for me to really want to play often. That said, I love the theme!
- A great game with a great theme: fighting the elder horrors of the Cthulhu mythos. Arkham Horror is quite complex (and as an FFG game, has a ton of pieces), but it's great fun to play for a few hours
- Enjoyable but very long. Have to have a group of people who are focused and willing to see it through to the end.
- I love the theme and gameplay. Meaty games are my bread and butter. Everyone needs to be able to commit the time. Even after many playthroughs (and expansions), a few bad rolls and unlucky draws can
- I did like this game, especially the coop play and the 1 player option. However none of my friends liked it, too complex/games were too long, so I got rid of it. Good if you have people to play with.
Similar Games View More
- Defenders of the Realm
- A Touch of Evil
- Elder Sign