The ultimate game of casual deck building. Players purchase cards allowing for additional bonuses, extra money or victory points, which allows them to slowly build their personal deck of cards to victory.
Overall Rating: 8.9Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
User Reviews Add Review
14 Reviews Written for Dominion
- Dominion has one of the smoothest and most brilliant applications of theme that I can even think of. It manages to be colorful and descriptive, yet mechanically simple and intuitive at the same time.
- This is a great game with multiple strategic routes. It has a nice balance of simplicity and complexity, with options that keep the game interesting.
- My first game I picked up. Definitely easily to get friends and family to give it a try. Excellent replay value and great set of expansions
- Great gateway game. Simple rules to pickup but offers a lot of replay value. Expansions add more player interaction. The base game feels somewhat like multiplayer solitaire.
- So much strategy and replayability lie behind some very simple rules. I've played so many games but I still want to play more. Most of the expansions add a great deal of value.
- I enjoy this card game. Anyone can start playing, but it takes awhile to catch on to really learn how you can stack cards to continue playing for longer. Its difficult to decide when to go for points.
- Simply a wonderful game. Very strategic and tactical without being a brain burner. Plays quickly and is so much fun that I don't mind the lack of theme. I'll play it almost anytime I'm asked.
- There's so much Dominion out there to play, you could devote an entire game collection just to its many expansions. An all-time classic that blends CCG's and board game mechanics in a masterful way.
- Amazing game. Simple concept, but allowing for complex strategies. Accessible to newcomers, but high replay value. Would recommend getting an expansion or two to really mix it up.
- The place to start for all "deck-building" games and still one of our favorites. Detractors deride the simplicity, but sometimes simple is good!
- Draw 5, play a card, buy a card, discard, repeat. The game is that simple, but there's tons of subtlety. It created the deck building genre and with its expansions is still arguably one of the best.
- Pretty friendly to new players but deep enough that you still want to play 200 games later. Add expansions once your group is comfortable with the base game.
- Love this game. Terrific speed. Outstanding replay value. MY WIFE ACTUALLY ASKS ME TO PLAY!!! Three Thumbs Up!!
- One of my favorite games at the moment! Defines the deck-building genre!
Similar Games View More
- Kingdom Builder