- Designer: Sid Sackson
- Publisher: Avalon Hill
- Players: 3 - 6
- Play Time: 45 - 120
- Ages: 12 and older
This game of savvy planning and corporate conquest pits players against each other as they build hotel chains and invest in them. When a merger happens between two chains, the players with the most stock get cash bonuses. Whoever can acquire the most money by the end of the game will be the victor.
Overall Rating: 8.1Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
7 Acquire Reviews Add Review
- This game is fun to play, but I haven't been able to win yet.
- My group of friends played this nearly every day in high school. Its tricky to get that flow of early money, but also be left with the most money at the end. This game makes you nervous as you play.
- Acquire is my personal favorite game. It blends elements of Monopoly and Risk, but no one loses money in the game. The rules are not complicated, but to understand the strategy takes time.
- A new classic that can be taught to a new player in a single round of play; yet the strategy is very deep. It's very fun to play it with friends, but so much more fun to play friends with it!
- Investments feature heavily in this game of economics. Trying to choose which hotel to invest in early is hard, but even a wrong choice doesn't doom the game!
- Remarkably deep for a game with such abstract mechanics. It somehow keeps invested in the atmosphere.
- Challenging game. Lots of fun to play with friends. Competitive play, but not cutthroat.
Similar Games View More
- On Mars
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1