Diplomat Ghost vs. Dragonmaster Halflings vs. Flying Skeletons. Anything is possible in this zany game of world conquest. Players choose a race to conquer territories from their opponents, but they must wisely choose when to keep pushing or when to call it quits and start anew.
Overall Rating: 8.2Luck Strategy Casual Intense Complex Simple
User Reviews Add Review
12 Reviews Written for Small World
- Easy to learn and understand. Can take some time to remember all the different races and skills, but all players get a referencecopy with info. Fun!
- Play predominantly on the iPad. It eases the setup and makes the game quite a bit more casual that way. I find the strategy pretty easy to work with, but casual games may be challenged.
- Easily one of my favorite games. The replay value on this one is what keeps me playing it. Every game you get different combos and develop new strategies. Just got the expansion and love it!
- This is a very fun game. Looked difficult to learn but is actually quite easy. Never the same game - changes each time you play.
- This game overs alot or replayability though it's random character elements and the number of expansions out. A very good game!
- Interesting dynamic and replayability, lots of quality expansions. Nice light strategy game.
- Great strategy game. It's fun to pick from the race/ability combinations. If you're a real addict you can also get the app on an iPad, it's a 2 person game so the strategy is a little different.
- This is a great game to satisfy those strategic conquest urges, when you're playing with a casual group. Fun, light hearted, and easy to pick up!
- When you choose a race, you don't keep it for the entire game; even if you're winning. Races are disposable so when you've exhausted one, you choose another and come out swinging!
- My new favorite game! It looked daunting at first- but once I dove in, things were much simpler than it looked! SUPER FUN!
- A game that attempts to correct all of the problems that plague RISK. Very similar, deep strategy, but you are always part of the game in Small World. Good for experienced board game players.
- The strategy behind "conquering" isn't deep, but the strategy behind maximizing your points is really complex with all of the different races and abilities. Fun twist on an old concept.
Similar Games View More
- Lord of the Rings
- Dungeon Run
- Summoner Wars: Master Set